The WP Community Collective supports community-based Projects that further the development of the open source WordPress project.
WPCC Project Scope
WPCC’s Projects can be broadly defined as discrete, self-contained initiatives with clearly-defined objectives and involving more than one contributor.
Examples of potential initiatives within the WPCC Project scope:
- development of a specific feature or fix within the WordPress Make teams
- specific types of testing, such as paid accessibility testing, or commissioning a study, such as the Gutenberg Accessibility Audit
- creation of a specific curriculum for LearnWP
- geographically, linguistically, or demographically focused initiatives to develop new and existing WordPress contributors and users
- code sprints to fix legacy issues, such as backwards compatibility, or future issues, such as stack compatibility
Examples of initiatives not within the WPCC Project scope:
- Non-canonical or third-party plugin development
- Non-canonical or third-party theme development
- Work that is not open source
- Work that is not related to the WordPress projects
- For-profit projects